- Is there a magic formula for building a startup?
- What’s available in the ecosystem to help entrepreneurs with ideas?
- Partnership and How it really matters?
- How to we equate the human side of things as a resource management function?
- What’s the VC’s take?
These were a few questions and topics discussed in this Bootcamp. There was a mixed audience – Entrepreneurs with ideas, VC’s, Successful Startup companies and other players. Sun Microsystems is doing what it takes to help startups utilize technology as an enabler. I work for this program with NaviSite(www.NaviSite.com) being a Sun SSE partner and providing discounted hosting services for startups. For more details click here – http://www.navisite.com/ppc/sunstartupessentials.php
I’m going to TAG – Phrase TAG some ideas which were present in the air while I attended the program.
- Sanjay Sharma(www.sun.com) – On social networking and Sun vision -"The network is the computer"
- Rakesh Verma(www.mapmyindia.com) – "It all started as a dream"
- Rohit Agarwal(www.techtribe.com) – Build to scale – think(concurrent users, response time, stability, scaling, browsers)
- Rakesh(Founder –https://www.upline.com/) – "Your team members get -time based increase in equity)"
- Rajeev(Founder – Indipay) – "Date your co-founder"
- Sudhir Sethi( http://www.idgvcindia.com/team.htm) – Don’t market, inside out, but, "Outside In".
- Dhruv Shringi(www.yatra.com) – remember liquidity preferences and Preference shares
- Sasha Mirchandani(www.brv.com) – Think of it like a movie business but the difference is that all we have is a 10 page business plan to trust and invest. The risk/reward puts us in the 10X return category, it’s common sense.
By the way guys, if you’re bootstrapping, I would recommend reading this great manifesto from Seth Godin from my eSnips account by clicking HERE. It’s great you have a dream but remember you’re running a business.
Posted by Digvijay "VJ" Singh Rathore