You should go over this over a weekend. Man!!!!! This is good stuff
Hugh MacLeod MacLeod, an advertising executive and popular blogger with a flair for the creative, gives his 26 tried-and-true tips for being truly creative. Each point illustrated by a cartoon drawn by the author himself.
I’m pasting the pointers from his writing in this blog. You can also look at the actual manifesto at my eSnips account here.
1. Ignore Everybody
2. The idea doesn’t have to be big. It just has to change the world.
3. Put the hours in.
4. If your biz plan depends on you suddenly being "discovered" by some big shot, your plan will probably fail.
5. You are responsible for your own experience.
6. Everyone is born creative;everyone is given a box of crayons in kindergarten.
7. Keep your day job.
8. Companies that squelch creativity can no longer compete with companies that champion creativity.
9. Everyone has their own Mount Everest they were put on this earth to climb.
10. The more talented somebody is, the less they need the props.
11. Don’t stand out of from the crowd; avoid crowds altogether
12. If you can accept the pain, it cannot hurt you.
13. Never compare your inside with somebody’s outside.
14. Dying young is overrated.
15. The most important thing a creative person can learn, professionally, is where to draw the red line that separates what you are willing to d, and what you are not.
16. The world is changing.
17. Merits can be bought. Passion can’t.
18. Avoid the watercooler gang.
19. Sing in your own voice
20. The choice of media is irrelevant
21. Selling out is harder than it looks.
22. Nobody cares. Do it for yourself.
23. Worrying about "Commercial vs. Artistic" is a complete waste of time.
24. Don’t worry about finding inspiration. It comes eventually.
25. You have to find your own shtick.
26. Write from your heart.
Posted by Digvijay Singh Rathore